To apply for a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check, you will need to provide personal information, various identity documentation to prove your identity, a self-portrait image to compare against identity documents provided, information about your check purpose and type, and informed consent, and payment.
- Current legal name
- Any previous legal names or Alias names that you have been or are currently known by
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
Address history details
- Current residential address details, cannot be a PO Box address
- Five (5) years of previous address information, if applicable
You are required to provide four (4) identity documents in total, with one document consisting of photo identification. You are also required to provide a self-portrait image, so that we can confirm the linkage between you and your identity documents. This photo must be taken with your webcam or mobile device camera, and be taken within the process of your application; you are not permitted to upload an existing image.
- One (1) x self-portrait image
- One (1) x Commencement of Identity document
- One (1) x Primary Use in the Community document
- Two (2) x Secondary Use in the Community documents
Check type and purpose
In the process of your check, you will be asked to outline the type of check you require (paid employment or volunteer) and the purpose of your check. You will be required to provide details regarding:
- the position title or occupation for which you require a check
- the name of the organisation or company where you will be undertaking the work (for example, XYZ Nursing Home).