To verify your current and valid Australian Driver's Licence, Certsy checks your Driver's Licence information against the official record-holder or issuer.
Due to some limitations, we do not receive specific information as to why your Driver's Licence has not been able to be verified. However, we do know that it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- You have been affected by the recent Optus and/or Medibank data breach and the record-holder or issuer has placed you on the Credential Protection Register as a preventative measure.
- Your Driver's Licence has been cancelled, suspended or refused.
- You have been issued a new Driver's Licence, so the old document is invalid.
- You have recently transferred your Driver's Licence between two different states.
- You have recently changed your name, and this name is not reflected on your document.
- The details provided on your document do not match the official record
If your Driver's Licence has been cancelled or suspended, we will not be able to verify your document. If you have a re-issued Driver's Licence, please log back into your Certsy account and provide the details of the new document. If you have recently transferred your licence between two states, you might have to wait a few weeks to verify until the record-holder updates the record with your new licence details.
If the details provided on your document do not match the official record, you have either changed your name recently or there may be a discrepancy with your details. We encourage you to contact the state issuer directly. To do so, please visit the relevant website from the list below.